Saturday, March 5, 2011

15 days to go

15 days to go
20 miles long solo run

Well, this was a long run :) I went from our place in Gastown to Wreck Beach. That UBC hill is pretty damn long! Anyway, I need to trust my training program that running 20 miles is going to be enough to finish 26 miles with the adrenalin rush. We will see.

I am a runner and running is my obsession. I complain about leaving the bed @5.30 4 times a week, and ache for the other 3 days, I look like a cookie monster who can't stop eating but I don't think I can ever stop running. I know my mom really wants me to stop training for long distance running after this one, but runner's high is something I can't let go easily.

I wasn't born to run. I was born to swim with my long torso and short chub chub legs. They used to say that watching me swim is like listening to a good poem... My running is nothing like that. I probably look like a duck wobbling :) But, I have been stopped by other runners who were curious about my funky shoes! Yes, I have pretty cool looking running shoes. At least I am able to distract people from my running by my funky shoes. Mission accomplished!
Thank you everyone who are supporting my cause. It's our last week for fundraising and we reached $4000! I know we'll break $5000 before the deadline.
We can do so much in one day as long as we dont make that day tomorrow.
Today, show compassion to those who are not as fortunate as we are. Be kind. Remember the times when people acted magnificently and took action to change the system they opposed.
Lots of love. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment